Dr. (Mrs.) S. Kesavan
Dr. (Mrs.) S. Kesavan
B.A. Hons, (UJ), PGDE.(NIE), (M.A Distinction)India, PhD(UPDN)
Department of Hindu Civilization
Faculty of Arts & Culture
Eastern University, Sri Lanka
- National Centre for studies scholarship for PhD in Higher Education Ministry, Sri Lanka
- Got the award of ‘ayal naattavarukkaana theiva thamil arul oli’ (அயல் நாட்டவருக்கான தெய்வத் தமிழ் ஒளி) for research paper presentation of conference, conducted by thamil iyya college, thamil naadu, India.
Contributions to University and National/International Development
- Appointed as a Coordinator of Extramural Studies from 10 June 2010 - 10 June 2012.
- Appointed as a Coordinator of Discipline of Hindu civilization from 01.07.2009 – 05.11.2012
- Appointed as a Coordinator of Discipline of Hindu civilization from 01.04.2014 – 02.09.2014
(b) The Head
- Appointed as a Head for Department of Hindu Civilization from September 3rd 2014 for three years
(c) Student counsellor
- As a Student counselor EUSL (2009-2010)
- As Student counselor on 04.06.2014
(d) Chairman /Board of Study
- As a chair person, I attended the meeting of External Degree with Colombo team at EUSL in February 6, 7, 2012.
(e) President/Secretary/Treasurer of an approved society in the University
- Appointed as a senior treasurer of student Union, faculty of Arts and Culture 15.03.2011- up to 05.11.2012
- Appointed a member of sports advisory board from 10.03.2011 - 05.11.2012
- Served as a member of the Sports Advisory Board, Eastern University, Sri Lanka on 26.05.2015
(f) Other appropriate Contribution at national/international level
- Appointed as a member for Advisory board letter by Issued Minister of Education from Isurupaya Colombo in June 3rd 2015 (three years)
- A member of the control marking panel for G.C.E advance level Hindu civilization paper conducted by the department of Examination Pelawatta, Baththaramulla from 28.08.2009 – 30.08.2009
- Chief examiner of the marking panel for Hindu culture from 14.09.2009-25.09.2009,
- Chief examiner of the marking panel for Hindu culture from 11.09.2009 - 25.09.2009.
- A Member of the Control Marking panel for G.C.E A/L Hindu Civilization paper conducted by the on 31.08.2010
- A member of the control marking panel for G.C.E advance level Hindu civilization paper conducted by the department of Examination Pelawatta, Baththaramulla from 30.08.2010 – 02.09.2010
- Chief examiner of the marking panels (Kandy, Batticaloa) for Hindu culture from 03.09.2010-29.09.2010.
- A member of the control marking panel for G.C.E advance level Hindu civilization paper conducted by the department of Examination Pelawatta, Baththaramulla from 30.08.2011 – 11.04.2011.
- Chief examiner of the marking panel for Hindu culture from 13.09.2011-14.09.2011, 19.09 .2011 – 30.09.2011.
- One of the members for re – scrutiny panel (A/L) at Department of Examination, Battaramulla. on 26.08.2012 – 30.08.2012
- Chief examiner of the marking panel for Hindu culture from 20.09.2012 - 21.09.2012
- As a Chief examiner for A/L Examination from 25.09.2012 – 04.10.2012
- One of the member for re – scrutiny panel (A/L) at Department of Examination, Battaramulla-2013
- Chief Examiner for A/Level in September 9th 2014
- Confidential work Examination in for O/L Centre Battramulla ,in 19th September 19th 2014
- Appointed and Examiner for Viva Voce for Swami Vipulanandha institute of Aesthetic Studies, Batticaloa , 2015
- As a Co-controller for O/L Examination. in January 22nd 2015
- Paper setting, Moderating for internal, external degree programme, EUSL, From 2009 up to now
- Member of setting panel for O/L Examination, 2015
- Contributed for Curriculum designing for Arts & Culture at Sudhu Aralia Hotel Polannaruwa in October 3rd 2014
- Organized special lecture for Hindu Civilization student by Hare Rama Hare Krishna movements in 29th April 2015
- As a Chief Guest to “Arankettam” at Pandirupu kalmunai in 22.10.2014
- Special lecture for Leadership training programme at Navatkudah Hindu cultural hall organized by Federation of young men’s Hindu Association and Hindu cultural Department in 21.02.2015
- Delivered a speech at Ramana Maharizhi School, Korakallimadu for Ramana Maharizhi Festival in 9th June 2015
- Appointed as a counseling board member by Rev. Fr. Paul satkunanayagam S.J. Professional psychological Counseling Center, Batticaloa.2015
- One of the members for Lions club in September 20th 2014
- Delivered a special lecture on “ஸ்ரீலஸ்ரீ ஆறுமுகநாவலர்” organized by all Ceylon Hindu Congees in 06. 12.2014
- Participated a Work Shop “on personality Development“ Organized by Ramakkrishna Mission Batticaloa in 22,23.12.2014
- Participated for discussion of the school situation in Batticaloa at Isurupaya Colombo in March 4th 2015
- Delivered Speech on “எதிர்கால சமுதாய அபிவிருத்திக்கு இந்து ஆலயங்களின் காத்திரமான பங்களிப்பு” conducted by Hindu cultural Department Colombo and Batticaloa Divisional Secretary at Swami Vipulanandha Institute of Aesthetic Studies Eastern University in March 21st 2015
- Attending Faculty board and Senate Meeting
- Organized a Hindu Culture Seminar to the following Students of Hindu civilization by Uthayaraj, London 13th May 2010.
- Organized an Exhibition under Discipline of Hindu Civilization – 28,29,30 December 2009.
- Organized to the Subject review visit by UGC staff -28,29,30 December 2009
- Interview on Pongal Festival – Live Programme on nethra T.V. channel 14.01.2010
- Attended faculty board meeting from 2009 up to now.
- Presented to the students of Hindu Civilization for self evaluation in 30 December 2009.
- Attended Heads meetings and Higher Degree Committee, from 2010 up to now.
- Prepared modules HC 301,HC 302, HC 101 for the external degree students in Hindu Civilization, 2010
- On Behalf of vice Chancellor, EUSL, I presided “Ramanamaharishi festival pooja” at Hindu Cultural Hall Navatkudah on 06.06.2010.
- Discussed and guided to the South Eastern University students the subject of Hindu civilization, 2010
- As a Supervisor for Internal, External Exams, conducted by EUSL from 2010 up to now
- Delivered the lecture to the University students at Department of Hindu Religious and Cultural Affairs, Colombo in 25th of March 2011.
- As a Special guest to delivered a memorial talk about Vipulanandthar at Karaitheevu in 2012.05.05
- Appointed as a chair person of External Degree programme. Faculty of Arts & culture, 2012